Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Life and Times of Cadet Toyoda Vol. 1

When you join a branch of any military, not only will you gain the proper principles to be a United States solider but you gain this incredible sense of pride that you never knew existed.
Now, in my honest opinion I believe there are two classes of pride. One I would like to call True Pride and the other ego.

Here is an example of True Pride (true story):

Today, after a completely exhausting Ranger's Challenge training I was told that I needed some "equipment" for my "ruck sack". For we were going to go "rucking" on Thursday....As I gathered all my supplies for thursday at the ROTC Hq, I remembered that I needed to walk all the long way back to the comfort of my dorm room....I could of waited for the other cadets to notice that I was "struggling" to carry all my chattel. No! I thought I will walk ALL THE WAY. As finally reached my destination point I realized that I could take the elevator to the 5th floor of where my dorm room is. After pondering that thought for really, an unnecessary amount of time, I took the stairs. When I reached the 3 floor one of the ROTC cadets appeared as if out of nowhere. He approached me and asked how was Rangers training. Then he asked if I needed help as he took ahold my sleeping bag. I immediately yanked it out of his big hand and replied that I am going to be fine. Finally I reached the 5th floor. But alas, my room was on the other side of the long hallway. So I walked. It may seem as simple as that but, it really wasn't...

When I entered the room I throw all my material down and crashed. As I laid on my bed, I realized something. "I wouldn't have done any of this if it wasn't for the new gained pride I just received from joining the military."


Now ego....Well lets just give you a simple equation: EGO=Kanye West.
And that I believe speaks for itself.

And that is they say is that.

1 comment:

  1. isn't your dorm on the 4th floor...?!? number 415! no, i'm not a creep, i actually just live next door to you!! ;)

    haha, EGO=Kanye. how right you are!

    ReplyDelete