Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Life and Times of Cadet Toyoda vol. 2

Just only last week everyone at ROTC HQ seemed to be so "uptight".

"The Brigade Commander and Sergent Major are coming!" said one of the Cadre.

Apparently these high ranking officers were going to come and inspect how thing are "going down" here in Eastern. I thought: "Great a couple of high ranks visiting schools to have people kiss their keister". Honestly I was in no mood to deal with any of that. So, I also thought to myself : "I just go to class and stay indoors all day." Ironically, as soon as I thought that, I heard my name was called. And it was one of the Cadre. He told me that I was "invited" to eat lunch with....you guessed it the Brigade Commander and Sergent Major. All the other cadets who were called were all excited. I was not. Now I get to bask in their "glorious"ambiance. Believe me I did not look forward to it but since free food was being involved, I just put on the mind set that its all for the food. All for the food.

So I went. So you must be thinking "this is the part where she admits it wasn't bad at all."Well....no. It was seriously that bad. Now I will admit that the Officers weren't THAT bad. The bad part was being first in line to get the food. When I got my food I noticed that the other cadets and cadre were standing in an "at ease position" and listening to the commander talk. I didn't know to go to my table or just stand there. I started to sweat in places I didn't even know I could. So I did what any uptight person would do. Stand and pay attention to what she was talking about (while drooling over the food). After what felt like eternity, but really, 3 minutes, she finally noticed that I was standing like a total moron and said: "go ahead dear" and smiled.

PHEW! I was even afraid to eat. I know smiles are suppose to be comforting but it really kick the tension up three notches. Then after everyone was done getting there food and sat down that when the crappy part happened. Talking. Yes the movement of mouths with sound coming out of them. And too much of it. That's all the officers did was talk and talk and talked some more. The Sergent Major must of been from Alabama, because I'm not fluent in Hill-Billy. The Brigade Commander was a women and us women are good at talking. Its our forte.

Finally, what seemed to be eternity but really an hour and a half of listening to blabbering , we were dismissed. Too bad for me, I was late for my military science 101 class with one of the most uptight asshole of a Staff Sergent. Well I got what came for me. Which was a scold and a dirty look.

This ROTC stuff, honestly is really starting to get to me. Now don't get me wrong I like it but then again I dislike it.....its complicated.

No comments:

Post a Comment