Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Life and Times of Cadet Toyoda vol. 4

My goodness. ROTC is just FULL of surprises. If anything it taught me to expect the unexpected. I have never expected the unexpected as much as I do now. I mean its not a bad thing is it? I need to stay alert and be ready for the worst to come. That's what a good solider does....Right?

Who knows?

Actually its made me more a paranoid freakazoid more then anything. I live in what is basically the projects of Chicago. I'm awake at night hoping no one breaks in my room and steal my belongings. I carry my knife in my right pocket ready to use it. I freak out at the little things. Today someone just wanted to say hi and I jumped back 5 feet and fired up my fighting position.

I'm usually a easy laid-back fun person but the circumstances here have been....controversial. Its quite comical. But that still doesn't rid of the newly formed dark circles under my eyes.

Oh well, at least I have the Marine Corps to look forward to. They seem to be on a whole 'nother level then where the Army is. Which is great. I love stepping my game up. This year has been full of challenges and I faced them, not the way I should of, but at least I did.

Army ROTC isn't all that bad. I actually formed some pretty good friendships here. I like the Cadets and they seem to like me. Oh. And when they say the military knows everything. They KNOW everything. Like me being a cage fighter....

Well, PT starts in 9 hours. I have a feeling that I'm going to get knocked out with a ball....

No comments:

Post a Comment